Hair thinning for women: An overview :
Hair loss, or hair thinning, is most common in men because they have a greater tendency towards baldness. However, it is not an anomaly in women too! Hair thinning for women is a common problem , and is equally disturbing and traumatic as it is for men. However, depending upon the reason for the problem, you can have access to a wide variety of hair treatments in UK!
The cause of hair thinning problems in women :
Hair thinning occurs when, each strand of hair growing out of their follicles (tiny cavities) on your scalp get thinner and shorter, due to eventual shrinking of the follicles. Eventually, the hair strands stop growing from their follicles, causing hair thinning.
The following are the reasons for hair thinning in women:
- Physical trauma, emotional trauma and stress
- Change in female hormones
- Imbalances in nutrient intakes
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Certain medicines and chemotherapy
- Hair styling
Depending upon the severity of hair thinning in women, medications are employed. PRP and Mesotherapy are two such hair thinning treatments.
What is PRP Treatment?
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma treatment is known to bear promising results in restoring hair growth. The doctor takes a certain amount of blood from your body, puts it in a centrifuge to separate out the PRP from the rest of your blood. The PRP is then injected into the required areas of your scalp. The injection is done using a micro needle.
PRP contains essential proteins and active growth components essential for hair growth. Thus, injecting them into the places of no hair growth shall result in the revival of hair growth in those places.
This treatment can also be carried out along with other medications and treatments of hair growth, depending upon the type and severity of hair thinning. PRP treatment can be carried out more than once too, to obtain a satisfactory outcome. Thus, the cost involved in PRP treatment cannot be determined specifically.
The treatment needs a proper surgical environment, and the heart’s function has to be monitored as well. Hence, it is carried out in an Operation Theatre. The entire process lasts for 60 to 90 minutes, depending upon the area of treatment. A regular PRP treatment after every 3 to 6 months shall bear even better results.
Beneficial aspects of PRP treatment for hair thinning for women :
The advantages of PRP treatment for women are:
- Short duration of treatment, with easy steps.
- Rare chances of infections due to PRP treatment, because your own blood is being used for the process. Also, PRP contains a considerable amount of disease-fighting white blood cells, which shall fight any probable chances of infection.
- PRP treatment can be carried out under topical anesthetic or under general anesthetic or intravenous sleep sedation. Tropical anesthetic can cause a little pain during the injection of PRP into your scalp. Thus, if you wish, you can choose the general anesthetic or intravenous sleep sedation methods, which can put you to sleep during the entire process. Thus, you’ll feel no pain!
- Fast recovery post treatment.
- The hair grown is basically not due to any foreign element- your own body plasma is used. Hence, it is a completely natural process, and gives natural-looking results.
What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is another effective hair thinning treatment which is fast gaining popularity. The doctor uses a component called the Mesotherapy serum. This serum contains active vitalizing components called Biochanin A and Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, which initiate hair growth. The serum also contains poly-vitamins to provide nutrition to the hair follicles. This serum in injected to the roots of thinning hair regions through micro-injections. Thus, the affected areas of your scalp must have follicles with thinned hair, for this treatment to work.
The treatment takes minimum 30 minutes per session depending upon the area under treatment. A minimum of ten sessions, with a gap of 2 to 3 weeks in between each session, is necessary to obtain satisfactory results from this treatment.
Though the treatment employs syringes, it is almost painless. This is because the syringes penetrate up to the mesoderm region of your scalp. It does not need any local anesthesia and dressing too!
Benefits of Mesotherapy treatment for hair thinning in women :
The following are the benefits of mesotherapy treatment in women:
- Not a painful process because the injections penetrate only up to the mesoderm region of your scalp.
- Strengthens the hair follicles and increases their life span.
- Increases collagen and increases size of hair follicles.
- Provides nutrition to your hair by increasing blood circulation in the affected areas of your scalp.
- Stops the secretion of excess dihydrotestosterone or DHT, which is often the main cause of hair thinning.
- Short duration of treatment.
- No anesthetic and dressings required after this treatment.
- Not very costly.
There is a solution to every problem, hair thinning for women being no exception!
Hair thinning can be a demoralizing problem in both men and women of UK. It is a myth that only men suffer from it. Women are suffering equally nowadays. The causes determine the severity of hair thinning for women. Depending upon the severity of hair thinning, the treatment is decided. Often, correction of diets and certain medicines suffice. But severe cases demand medical treatment. PRP Therapy and Mesotherapy are considered highly effective in the world of hair treatment. Its becoming very famous in the UK. Though not much clinical proofs are available of now regarding their success rates, but the results till now are extremely promising to the doctors and satisfactory to the patients.