FUT hair transplant in Nottingham
Follicular Unit Transplant or FUT is minimally invasive surgical hair transplant that stimulates hair growth and provide natural looking results. If you are from Nottingham then you can visit Nu Hair Clinic to get rid of any kinds of hair loss. To find more about your problem and what treatment suits you our clinic provide free consultation with expert surgeons.
What is FUT hair transplant?
Follicular Unit Transplantation an advanced procedure to restore hair by transplanting hair in the bald region in groups of 1 to 4 hair, called follicular units. These follicular units contain sebaceous (oil) glands, nerves, a small muscle, and occasional fine vellus hairs. Hair transplantation is done in grafts of a single session by removing a strip from the back of the scalp with the help of stereo microscopic dissection. More number of grafting compensates for the shedding which is common phenomenon during hair transplantation.
Who is eligible for FUT hair transplant?
- Age: Both men and women above 25 years of age are eligible for hair transplant
- Patient’s expectation: People with thin hair or lesser count of hair follicles need to consult a specialist as it considers a lot of factors. While, Curly hair people have the advantage of good coarse hair transplant
- Hair texture: Since grafting is done from a donor area to the recipient area of the same person, texture matches with that of the original ones.
What is the procedure of FUT hair transplant?
- Local anaesthesias are given to reduce the sensations of injections.
- Location of donor area is chosen with maximum hair density. Small incisions are made on the targeted area. That donor area is removed in a single thin strip of 1 to 4 hairs under stereo-microscopic control.
- Then recipient sites are selected and then follicular units are grafted in those sites. During this process, the head should be still for the process to go smoothly.
What could be the risk factor?
There are some temporary risks associated with FUT hair transplantation technique which has been numerated below:
- Slow hair growth rate: this may be the result of damage to the follicles.
- Infection: it happens in rarest of the rare cases.
- Noticeable scarring: The donor areas may sometimes donor recover and leaves a scar.
- Changes of pigmentation of the skin: this is another rare case that may be possible
There are few common problems like bleeding, swelling, numbness, pain, itching, cysts etc.
Who should not opt for FUT hair transplant?
This treatment is not meant for people under the age of 25. Others not permitted includes:
- FUT hair transplant is not suitable for a person suffering from medical conditions such as hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes and heart problems.
- A person below the age of 25.
- A person who has low density in the back of the head.
Can someone do other treatment simultaneously?
Though FUT treatment is very safe but consults your physician before going under any other treatment.
FUT hair transplant for men
Men can get their hair transplanted who is suffering from baldness. This treatment is not only restricted to head baldness but also helps in transplanting chest and beard hair.
FUT hair transplant for women
Women who are suffering from patchy hair or female pattern baldness are suitable for FUT hair transplant. It can also be used to restore eyelashes, eyebrows, etc.
Before and after
Precautions to be taken prior to the surgery:
- Patients to abstain from medicines resulting in intraoperative bleeding
- Alcohol, smoking and caffeinated drinks should be avoided for a few days before and after treatment
- The scalp to be shampooed and then treated with an antibacterial agent before the donor scalp is harvested
- The recipient area must be protected from sun and water for two days after surgery
- Post surgery semi-permeable dressing allows seepage of blood and tissue fluid should be changed at least daily
Why to opt for FUT hair transplant in Nottingham
Hair loss can be a serious problem if it leads to baldness or hair thinning. Therefore, you must take some measure to restore you hair and gain back your confidence. Nu Hair Clinic provides both surgical and non-surgical hair restoration treatments under our specialized surgeons and professional staff who assure great result.
Why Nu Hair Clinic is considered to be one of the best hair clinics in Nottingham
Hair loss is a major issue that occurs due to various reasons such as hormonal imbalances, stress, etc. In Nottingham hair transplant can be performed on everyone but at Nu Hair Clinic the qualified and experienced surgeons run some tests before you undergo any surgery. Due to which you can understand which procedure is best suited for you whether surgical or non-surgical. Here a wide range of treatments is available to choose from such as PRP, mesotherapy, FUE and FUT hair transplant and others. Nu Hair Clinic is considered to be one of the best hair clinics in Nottingham because we help you to regain your confidence and self-esteem and strive to get your hair back.
How to find us
Others Locations :